Filed under "DD Council News"
More articles »
Derecho Storm Relief GrantsMonday, August 24, 2020
Derecho Storm Relief Grants
The Iowa Developmental Disabilities Council (The Council) is offering to fund time-limited assistance to providers and organizations supporting people with developmental disabilities who experienced losses due to the Derecho storm on August 10, 2020. The Derecho Relief Fund will fund mini-grants up to $1,000 each. The purpose of this funding initiative is in response to emerging needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families who have been impacted by the Derecho storm, especially unmet needs that could lead to institutionalization.
The funding can be spent on the following items:
• Gift cards for food and cleaning supplies
• Gift cards for items that may have been destroyed in the storm
• Generators to support community homes for people with disabilities and/or their families.
• Costs associated with clean-up of storm damage to community homes for people with disabilities and/or their families
• Costs associated with the storm that have created significant difficulties
The Council will consider reimbursing for the costs of these items that providers and organizations may have already incurred to support people with disabilities and/or families. Receipts will be required as well as the number of people supported.
Who Can Submit a Proposal?
Organizations, including service providers, municipalities, schools, human service agencies, who support people with developmental disabilities and are located in the Governor’s Disaster Proclamation: Audubon, Benton, Boone, Cass, Cedar, Clarke, Clinton, Dallas, Greene, Grundy, Guthrie, Hardin, Iowa, Jackson, Jasper, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Madison, Marshall, Muscatine, Polk, Poweshiek, Scott, Story, Tama, and Washington counties. Applicants must have a federal tax identification number to be eligible.
The Council will accept applications until September 8, 2020. The Council has $10,000 of funding assistance to provide.
The Application Must Include:
1. Name of organization
2. The title address, phone number and email address of your organization’s contact person
3. A description of the impact the Derecho storm had on people with disabilities and/or their families
4. A description of how the funding will be spent
5. An anticipated number of individuals the funding will support
6. The total funding requested
If funding is approved, please be aware that it can take up to 2 weeks after the approval date for all paperwork to be processed and a check issued. You will be required to supply your organization’s federal tax identification number. Applications can be emailed to Brooke Lovelace at email@example.com. For questions, please call 515-288-0442.